Sunday, May 13, 2012

May

Always time to smell the flowers!

This post is a little picture heavy, but I'm sorting through the camera cards & just saved a bunch!

A few pics from our trip to Austin last month - It was a fun time!  We went to see the bats (although the big nightly escape never happened), visited the Austin zoo (small-ish rescue zoo but has all the big and little animals) and ate at a bunch of the places we try to hit up whenever we get to a real town.




Grandpa & Grandma Sortman called a couple weeks ago to see if they could come for a visit after their trip in FL so instead of heading North they headed West and drove over last minute to Texas to visit for a week!!  Liv's had a great time with all the extra attention & it was even more fun than a planned visit since it was basically a random surprise! 
Visiting with Grandpa & Grandma

Grandma made this quilt for Olivia!!  A precious keepsake!

Some other fun things from recently:

Sandfest in Port A.


Playing in the sand while Daddy kiteboards in the background


Swimming in the Hot Tub - one of Livi's favorite things!
I had a wonderful Mother's Day today - a great day with lots of the nice little things :)   Dave & Liv both gave me two sweet cards, we had breakfast at the German Bakery (my choice - love the waffles-yum!) and to church this morning.   Took a long scenic drive on Ocean Drive & checked out downtown & visited a fun playground on the way home.  After dinner we took a walk around the neighborhood before Liv's went to bed.   Simple, nice, perfect day! 

Oh - Bonus! Today, David & I both definitely felt the baby kick.  The last week has been that time of "Did I just feel something? I think so, but not sure, so maybe not...." Today though we both felt the push so that was fun!

Last but not least, took this pic when I was 14.5 weeks - I finally remembered to take the first pregnancy pic! (I'm 16 weeks now)

2 comments:

  1. I love all the pictures, Lara! Olivia is a DOLL and is getting so much older looking. And you of course look super cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liv is SO STINKING CUTE!!!!! She is so precious!

    You look awesome.... I hope you do better at the preggo pictures than I did for C, the weeks just go by so fast and I have maybe monthly pictures for him? Ooops.

    ReplyDelete

To make a comment - Please Click on the blue "# Comments" & then in the comments drop down bar select NAME/url at the bottom. Type your name, (leave URL blank) submit, & you're done!
(Double check that it said that it left a comment - if it's a little red mark, click within your comment field & hit submit comment again - you might have to do this twice...) I don't know how to fix this. ack!