Sunday, March 27, 2011

Our Week & Weekend

Thursday I spent all.day.long. cooking & baking up a storm!  I delivered two full meals to two friends & also some treats to another - all who just had little girls in the last couple weeks!!!

All packed up & ready to go!
I made Roasted Vegetable Penne Bake, homemade Ciabbata bread, & a big salad for dinner & Cookies & Cream Brownies for dessert.  I also made Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins w/a side of fruit for breakfast, because I remember that post baby - as awesome as it was to get dinner, something yummy for breakfast would have rocked!!




David & Livvy & I spent two hours delivering our meals & then came home to enjoy some ourselves!!  (A little bummed though b/c the recipe calls for it to bake at 450* & even though it seemed a bit too warm I did just that & so it was a little dry - which unfortunately means it was the same for our friends!) :(  Oh well....


Friday we just hung out, had leftovers for dinner (but I made french bread since I didn't make any for us Thurs.), we randomly ended up watching a comedian online & who knows?

Saturday - Liv had us up around 6a or so & D couldn't sleep anymore so he grabbed us a caramel coffee drink at the local shop & some donuts from across the way. yuuuuuuum.  I tried to sleep in a bit later & then a beautiful little girl came to wake me up about 9a right after she got up again. :)

I spent the morning finishing up some VIP - very important projects/packages.  & then we went out to town to the Post Office & Lowes (which took about an hour and a half.  Seriously, can any get out of there in less?) & the grocery store.  There we picked up a bottle of champagne & some steak for dinner.  We enjoyed it outside on the backporch on a warm evening with a slight breeze.  Hot tub was great too - minus the fact that every neighbor seemed to be in their back yard last night - ha. awkward.  we could whisper and probably still hear each other. 

Excited that we got a clothesline yesterday to hang up in the backyard so now I can dry & sun the diapers more often! yay!  I just had them laying on a towel on the hot tub the last couple times. 

Today - we watched church with some muffins & fruit & coffee of course.  Dave's been doing a bunch of stuff in the garage & around the yard.  Liv's taking a couple tiny naps.  & I'm in the mix of doing a ton of things & relaxing.  Next up is folding a ton of laundry that's accumulated over the last week.  Salsa Chicken is in the crockpot for dinner, so that's a beautiful thing! Oh, and I'm surprising Dave with some of his favorite cookies too - Chocolate & Mint Chip cookies!

Cheers!
-L-

No comments:

Post a Comment

To make a comment - Please Click on the blue "# Comments" & then in the comments drop down bar select NAME/url at the bottom. Type your name, (leave URL blank) submit, & you're done!
(Double check that it said that it left a comment - if it's a little red mark, click within your comment field & hit submit comment again - you might have to do this twice...) I don't know how to fix this. ack!