Monday, May 30, 2011

Super Long 4 day weekend!

Wow - 4 day weekends sure are long - very fun to have one once in awhile! :)
Thursday D had meetings  & was home early afternoon.  We headed down to the beach & Liv went in the water with Daddy.  So adorable to see them together.  Did a little more 'wimming' in the hot tub again too.  I ran to HEB before her bedtime so Daddy got her bathed & ready for bed ...and into bed before I came home!  Then we had dinner & I rented a movie to watch at night too.






Friday we drove to PortA to have breakfast which turned out to be a major grease bomb dud.  :( Oh well!  We drove around a bit & enjoyed looking at the differences of their beach.   Winds were great late morning & Dave went kiteboarding for a few hours.  The winds usually aren't perfect for kiting until late afternoon, so it was a nice treat for D on his day off!  Liv & I were going to meet up with him, but she ended up taking a nice hour & half nap!!  Super great since they're usually only about 30 minutes.  I made some baby peas & frappuccino's while she napped.
Ahhhhh!! PEAS!!

Saturday we went to a friend's bithday bbq.  He's in a different squadron, so we ended up meeting all new people which was really nice (& refreshing!)  Rounded out the night with a trip to Lowe's.  Good fun!  Finally watched Little Focker's movie too - cute. 

Sunday I ran to the grocery store in the a.m.  We went 2 tracking down the road to scope out a potential kiteboarding spot.  We'd been back there a couple times before, but D wanted to see it again from the ground b/c he flies over it all the time & is always mentioning what a neat spot it would be.  David & Joan had us over for ribs bbq while his parents are here so we visited with them, watched Liv crawl around & Charlotte sleeping. :)  (Put Livy in her car seat to try to fall asleep in another room late at night.... a few minutes later I thought I heard a bag crinkling.... So I go into the room to check on her & the little stinker had scooted OUT of her carseat, and crawled near the door & was kicking a bag sitting there.  oh!my!gosh!)

Today I ran down the road to get some apple fritters - yum.   Ended up grabbing giant frozen coffee while running around to JoAnn's &.... Lowe's!  Seriously surprised they don't greet us by name there some days.  Corned beef & cabbage for dinner tonight - one of D's fave's!

*Olivia is crawling ALL over the place & I can't keep up with her.  Her favorite things to work hard crawling after are sandals, dog toys, & the computer cord.  oy vey!
*Sunday afternoon while we were talking to Grandma & Grandpa Pacini on Skype Olivia sat all by herself for long periods of time!   SO exciting!
*Another tooth is popping up next to the one from last weekend.  Dave saw it Sunday morning & I started to feel it & see it by the afternoon!

Cheers!
-L-

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good weekend...wish we were there:).....but today is Wed and there still arent any pic's......please please soon:)
    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the pic's what a joy she is!!!! thank you for taking the time to add them
    love you!

    ReplyDelete

To make a comment - Please Click on the blue "# Comments" & then in the comments drop down bar select NAME/url at the bottom. Type your name, (leave URL blank) submit, & you're done!
(Double check that it said that it left a comment - if it's a little red mark, click within your comment field & hit submit comment again - you might have to do this twice...) I don't know how to fix this. ack!